Warning: Possible spoilers for Star Wars: Episode VIII follow…
Over the past couple of months we’ve had a few spy reports from the set of Star Wars: Episode VIII – including a rumoured cameo from Tom Hardy and a scene featuring Laura Dern’s character and Oscar Isaac’s Poe Dameron – and now the folks on Making Star Wars have a rather exciting report which details an epic battle sequence with Rey (Daisy Ridley) and Luke (Mark Hamill) going up against Kylo Ren (Adam Driver) and the Knights of Ren.
Rey is reluctant with (if not angry at) Luke Skywalker because she has to kill Kylo Ren and she doesn’t want to do it. The scene that follows appears to be when the showdown finally begins. I suppose she accepts her duty or has no choice but to fight.
- Luke Skywalker and Rey are on Ahch-To just before nightfall as the sun sets in the background and it starts to rain.
- Rey’s hair is pulled back. She doesn’t have the vest from VII on.
- Luke and Rey are wearing the costumes we described before.
- Kylo Ren and the Knights of Ren turn up along the coast.
- Kylo Ren continues advancing towards the heroes with the Knights of Ren.
- Kylo does not wear the mask here.
- Kylo has the same cross guard saber as he did in VII.
- Kylo’s costume looked the same as in VII.
- Rey and Kylo Ren duel one-on-one and end up fighting along the cliff face overlooking the nighttime water.
- Kylo wants his revenge after Rey disgraced him.
- The Knights of Ren go for Luke Skywalker while Rey is left for Kylo.
- Luke Skywalker engages the Knights on the beach while
- Kylo attempts to kill Rey.
- The first black knight has an axe and moves towards the Luke but is Force pushed away to his death after being thrown through the air.
- After Luke dispatches the first Knight he ignites his green lightsaber.
- Luke moves through each Knight one-by-one.
- Rey and Kylo’s battle moves up to the side of a cliff.
- Suddenly Rey is nowhere to be seen. She’s taken out of the battle; she’s either wounded or appears to go over the side of the cliff.
- Luke Skywalker casually walks towards Kylo to finish him but Kylo retreats when he sees his crew defeated.
- Luke Skywalker is a badass Jedi and he’ll destroy your squad.
The report also states that “a lot of wire work was used” during the confrontation, and theorises that the battle takes place in a Jedi ruin site that Luke and Rey have visited.
SEE ALSO: Follow all of our Star Wars coverage here
Star Wars: Episode VIII is set for release on December 15th 2017 and sees returning cast members Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker), Carrie Fisher (Leia Organa), Adam Driver (Kylo Ren), Daisy Ridley (Rey), John Boyega (Finn), Oscar Isaac (Poe Dameron), Lupita Nyong’o (Maz Kanata), Domhnall Gleeson (General Hux), Anthony Daniels (C-3PO), Gwendoline Christie (Captain Phasma), Billie Lourd (Lieutenant Connix) and Andy Serkis (Supreme Leader Snoke) joined by new additions Benicio Del Toro (Guardians of the Galaxy), Laura Dern (Jurassic Park) and Kelly Marie Tran (Ladies Like Us).
. url=”.” . width=”100%” height=”150″ iframe=”true” /]