UK box office top ten and analysis for the weekend of Friday 12th June to Sunday 14th June 2015…
Having pulled in a record domestic and international debut, Jurassic World has stormed to the top of the box office here in the UK with a whopping £19,350,727 haul – the biggest opening weekend on these shores since 2012’s Skyfall.
With Jurassic World dominating at the multiplexes, the only other film to crack seven figures was the Melissa McCarthy comedy Spy, which slipped to second with £1.55 million, while musical adaptation London Road was the only other newcomer to feature in the top ten, claiming seventh place with £216,248.
Number one this time last year: 22 Jump Street
1. Jurassic World – £19,350,727 weekend (New)
2. Spy – £1,549,756 weekend (2 weeks)
3. San Andreas – £844,397 weekend (3 weeks)
4. Insidious: Chapter 3 – £692,560 weekend (2 weeks)
5. Pitch Perfect 2 – £411,269 weekend (5 weeks)
6. Mad Max: Fury Road – £397,541 weekend (5 weeks)
7. Secret Cinema – Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back – £261,525 weekend (2 weeks)
8. London Road – £216,248 weekend (New)
9. Avengers: Age of Ultron – £162,446 weekend (8 weeks)
10. Tomorrowland – £121,847 weekend (3 weeks)
If you’re looking for an alternative to dinosaurs then this Friday’s new releases include The Longest Ride, Entourage [read our review here], Mr. Holmes, The Burning and Accidental Love, along with a reissue of the crime classic The Long Good Friday [read our review here]. Listen to the Flickering Myth Podcast review of Jurassic World using the player below: