Just like Thanos, it seemed inevitable that Marvel Studios would shuffle release dates for its upcoming slate of films. Earlier this month Marvel announced nearly all of its upcoming films have been delayed by a few months, but Marvel has now shuffled their release dates again to include sequels to Black Panther, Captain Marvel and their third co-production with Sony for Spider-Man.
Meanwhile, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness has been pushed back even further while Thor: Love and Thunder has actually moved up by one week.
The release dates for Phase Four are now:
- Black Widow — November 6, 2020
- Eternals — February 12, 2021
- Shang-Chi and the Legend of The Ten Rings — May 7, 2021
- Untitled Spider-Man 3 — November 5, 2021
- Thor: Love and Thunder — February 11, 2022
- Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness — March 25, 2022
- Black Panther 2 — May 6, 2022
- Captain Marvel 2 — July 8, 2022
There is no word on where Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 sits in this reshuffle. James Gunn is set to return for the sequel and recently stated Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 would not be delayed, though of course anything can change as productions remain shut down during the health crisis for a longer period of time. We’ll just have to wait and see what decisions get made as the situation progresses.
Ricky Church – Follow me on Twitter for more movie news and nerd talk