Minor spoilers for Star Wars: Episode VIII to follow…
It looks like Mad Max: Fury Road star Tom Hardy could be heading to a galaxy far, far away, with the ever-reliable Making Star Wars reporting that the actor is set to make a cameo in Star Wars: Episode VIII, which is currently in production under director Rian Johnson.
According to the site, Hardy will be following in the footsteps of Daniel Craig by portraying a First Order Stormtrooper, who has an encounter with Finn (John Boyega):
– Said stormtrooper glimpses FN-2187 on a secret mission but doesn’t realize it.
– The “incognito” FN-2187 is surprised when the stormtrooper walks up behind him and slaps him on the ass.
– FN-2187 turns around and believes he’s dead. He’s surely going to be captured.
– The stormtrooper is elated to see his old friend from back during their First Order academy days.
– The stormtrooper congratulates FN-2187 on his promotion to Resistance infiltrator and spy.
– FN-2187 is free to go about his business to his amazement.
It’s also been rumoured that Prince William and Prince Harry have also shot cameos as Stormtroopers.“Aren’t you a little short for a Stormtrooper?”
Star Wars: Episode VIII is set for release on December 15th 2017 and sees returning cast members Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker), Carrie Fisher (Leia Organa), Adam Driver (Kylo Ren), Daisy Ridley (Rey), John Boyega (Finn), Oscar Isaac (Poe Dameron), Lupita Nyong’o (Maz Kanata), Domhnall Gleeson (General Hux), Anthony Daniels (C-3PO), Gwendoline Christie (Captain Phasma), Billie Lourd (Lieutenant Connix) and Andy Serkis (Supreme Leader Snoke) joined by new additions Benicio Del Toro (Guardians of the Galaxy), Laura Dern (Jurassic Park) and Kelly Marie Tran (Ladies Like Us).