Fun Train and Wolf & Wood have announced that they will be bringing The Exorcist: Legion VR, of the ultimate horror franchise, to owners of the HTC Vive and Oculus Rift. The Exorcist: Legion VR is based on the events of Exorcist III and tells a stand alone story spread over 5 chapters with the first 2 available on the 22nd November. A trailer for the game’s first chapter, First Rites, can be seen below…
As Pazuzu promised in The Exorcist franchise The Exorcist: Legion VR sees a variety of demons come to Earth and in Chapter 1: First Rites players will take the role of a detective and investigate the details surrounding the gruesome murder of a priest. The remaining chapters will see players continue following the detectives investigation into the demonic entities.
The Exorcist: Legion VR will feature:
- Five stand alone episodic chapters that come together for a truly cinematic end.
- Don’t just play the movies, live a whole new story experience in full VR.
- Step into the shoes of an exorcist to confront ancient forces of evil when everything is at stake.
- Discover an intricate story filled with mystery and peril.
- Switch between both free roam and teleport locomotion to have full control over your experience.
- Play using room scale, standing, or even seated.
- Utilise a menu consisting of a cellphone, an exorcism kit, among other important items found during the journey.
- Unique items found throughout the stories are collected in your evidence room to be evaluated at a later time.
Chapter 1: First Rites and Chapter 2: Idle Hands will be available on Steam and the Oculus Store on November 22nd, with the remaining chapters following soon after.