Having led Forbes’ list of Hollywood’s most overpaid actors for the past two years running, Johnny Depp has now been dethroned for the dubious honour by Transformers: The Last Knight star Mark Wahlberg.
Wahlberg, who was announced back in August as topping the list of the highest-paid actors with $68 million over the previous twelve months, is said to have brought in just $4.40 at the box office for every dollar he was paid.
Forbes calculates the list based upon the last three films actors starred in leading up to June of this year (so no Transformers: The Last Knight or Daddy’s Home 2 for Wahlberg this year), but not including animated films, minor/cameo roles, or those films shown on less than 2,000 screens.
The top five, as calculated by Forbes, are as follows:
1. Mark Wahlberg – $4.40 for every $1 paid
2. Christian Bale – $6.70 for every $1 paid
3. Channing Tatum – $7.60 for every $1 paid
4. Denzel Washington – $10.40 for every $1 paid
5. Brad Pitt – $11.50 for every $1 paid