Microids and developer Revolution Software gave announced they will be releasing Beyond a Steel Sky on Xbox and Playstation consoles as well as Nintendo Switch on 30th November. This spiritual successor to the classic Beneath a Steel Sky takes players to the captivating Union City for a dystopian cyberpunk adventure. Enjoy the new trailer below….
Set a decade after the events of Beneath a Steel Sky, Beyond a Steel Sky takes players to the dystopian Union City where they will embark on an adventure in a world that is dominated by AI-driven social controls. As players progress through this eerie cyberpunk adventure they will interact with a fully dynamic world filled with wilful characters driven by motivations that the player can influence.
- A fascinating and dynamic sci-fi world where players can interact with NPCs and discover multiple solutions to puzzles emerge from player choices.
- Unravel dark conspiracies and defeat a terrifying foe in a dramatic, cyberpunk thriller, which explores contemporary themes: social control, AI and total surveillance.
- A beautifully detailed, comic-book styled world, from the mind of legendary comic artist Dave Gibbons.
- Ingenious puzzles interwoven with an intriguing dramatic narrative to deliver a compelling gameplay experience.
“I am thrilled to be able to open the gates to Union City once more, and welcome console players to Beyond a Steel Sky which launches this winter.” says Charles Cecil, Founder and CEO of Revolution Software. “It has been a pleasure and privilege to have had the opportunity to collaborate with Dave Gibbons again in bringing Robert Foster back after an absence of two decades – and what an extraordinary change there has been!”
Beyond a Steel Sky launches on consoles on 30th November.
There will also be a Steel Book Edition, featuring the game, the original soundtrack and a sticker sheet; and a Utopia Edition that includes the following:
- A Unique Collector’s Box.
- An Exclusive Hologram Lamp.
- An Exclusive Steelbook® featuring comic artwork from Dave Gibbons.
- A 50-page Mini Artbook.
- The game on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch.
- The game’s Original Soundtrack (digital format).
- 5 Holo-ad Cards.
- Exchangeable Dog Tags (keychain & necklace).
- A Sticker Sheet.
- An Enamel Pin.
- 2 XXL Premium Stickers.
Retailers will also have a number of pre-order bonuses available to them.