Grind Core Games’ debut VR title Drums of War is now available on Steam and the Oculus Rift Store. This VR music rhythm game takes players across various fantasy landscapes where they will become a giant rampaging orc taking on a host of whimsical magical creatures.
Drums of War is a VR rhythm game where players take command of a giant orc and hit the drums to the beat of the music to rampage across the land slaughtering whatever crosses the orc’s path but go out of rhythm and the orc will veer off to one side.
The game features:
- 360 degrees of freedom in both movement and combat.
- Hordes of fantasy creatures to destroy, including dwarves, skeletons, succubi and more.
- Various drum skins can be bought from the shop for stat upgrades.
- 15 story levels and an unending supply of dwarves to rampage through.
- Bonus modes including Wardrum Hero – a high score challenge inspired by Guitar Hero, and Jukebox – a scenic beat through the landscape.
- Two randomized dungeons!
- Headbang-worthy metal soundtrack:
- Original tracks from Gabe Castro, composer of the score to The Forest.
“After a repeat viewing of The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, inspiration struck. Wouldn’t it be an amazing experience to storm through a battlefield as a giant troll drummer pounding on drums and laying waste to everything in your path?” says Alan Flores, lead game designer and founder, Grind Core Games. “The only problem was: How does one get the feeling of actually beating drums without a drum kit? Fast-forward to a few years later – and the idea wouldn’t go away no matter what I tried. By then, the new generation of VR headsets suddenly became commercially viable – and the rest, as they say, is history!”
Drums of War is available now on Steam and the Oculus Rift store.