Fans of fierce naval battles will be pleased to hear that TMA Games (home of solo developer Chris Weisiger) will be releasing their unconventional and endlessly replayable naval combat simulator Waves of Steel next Wednesday on Steam Early Access.
In Waves of Steel players will take a single ship against a massive enemy fleet in a story-driven, alternate history single player campaign. In this crazy back to front world, tyrants are seizing power of huge naval fleets and wiping out any resistance using ships with lasers, lightning guns and even gigantic cannons made of volcanos.
Players will need to take control of one of the few remaining free warships, take on the vast horde of enemies and find the source of their power. Fortunately, players will be able to scavenge parts of enemy ships between missions and use these to customise their vessel using a straightforward ship designer.
- An extensive campaign with small pick up and play missions.
- Flexible ship designer that easily allows placing other parts on the ship’s deck.
- Dozens of playable ships based on historic designs.
- Hundreds of different ship parts to customise your ship, including anti-aircraft guns, missile launchers and artillery.
- A small cast of heroes and villains.
Waves of Steel arrives on the 21st July on Steam Early Access. A limited time discount of 34% will be available.